Thank you all so much for being a part of the Mama Lovejoy community in 2015. It’s been wonderful to share so many challenges, happy times, and different perspectives with you (and a brief TV appearance with Tyra Banks!).
In case you missed any of these, here were my most popular posts from last year. Here’s to a great 2016—cheers!
- What If I Don’t Love My Baby. This brave mother (not me) found that she was “slow-to-bond” with her (colicky) newborn baby. She faced a lot of guilt and challenges along the way, but of course, she eventually fell head-over-heels in love with her daughter. This article was picked up by Scary Mommy, All4Women Magazine (South Africa’s largest online women’s magazine), and Mamalode and it was shared with over 1.5 million people.
- How Your First Child Affects Your Relationship (and What To Do About It). A licensed Psychologist and the Director of Psychology at a large organization, Darshana Lele, PhD shares tips on how to handle changes to your marriage/relationship after having kids.
- The Surprising Truth I Realized About My Miscarriage. This article—about the shock and search for a silver lining after a miscarriage—was picked up by Scary Mommy and All4Women Magazine and it was shared with over 1.3 million people.
- A Sleep Consultant Shares the Real Key to Success with Infant and Toddler Sleep. A well-known sleep consultant, Jenni June, explains that the key to infant and toddler sleep is sleep hygiene—and she explains how to achieve good sleep hygiene.
- 10 Tips for a Well-Behaved Kid from a Child Psychologist. Pediatric Neuropsychologist, Jennison Salata, PhD, shares helpful (and in some cases new) tips about how parents can achieve better-behaved kids.
- How NICU Doctors Save Very Early Preemies. The Director of Neonatology at Providence St. Joseph’s Hospital in Burbank explains the miraculous (and terrifying) steps neonatologists take to save very early preemies. Also a mother of a 23-week preemie shares her story.
- 5 Things Your Newborn Wants You To Know. This was one of my earlier articles on my blog, so although it wasn’t seen by nearly as many folks as more recent articles, it’s one of my most-shared articles.
If you enjoyed these articles and you’d like to see more from Mama Lovejoy, you can follow my blog by liking the Mama Lovejoy Facebook page. You can also find me on Twitter, Instagram or Tumblr @Mamalovejoy1. Happy New Year!