Periscope is a Twitter-owned app that allows you to broadcast or watch live video from your phone. In my humble opinion, it’s a super-easy and fun way to connect. Broadcasts can be watched after-the-fact, but they’re only available for 24 hours, so don’t wait long! Here’s the short version on how to get set up.
How to Set Up a Periscope Account:
- Download the Periscope App onto your cell phone from iTunes. If you already have a Twitter account, you can sign in using that.
- Pick a Periscope name. This will be your handle at Periscope.
- Search for MamaLovejoy1 and follow me. Follow anyone else you know or find interesting.
How to watch a Periscope Broadcast:
- Click on the TV set in the lower left corner of the screen, visible within the Periscope App.
- Click on the broadcast you want to watch
- Interact during the broadcast
- Send a heart, by clicking on the screen (kind of like a “like”).
- Send a comment, by tapping on the “say something” prompt at the bottom of the screen.
- Share the broadcast with your Twitter followers (please!), by swiping right on and iPhone or up on an Android, then tapping “share”.
There are a zillion other options, instructions and tips for your account, but I wanted to keep this short and sweet so you can get online. If you want more info, here’s Periscope’s help page: https://help.periscope.tv
You can also follow Mama Lovejoy on Facebook or @MamaLovejoy1 on Instagram, Twitter, or Tumblr.